Thursday 21 October 2010

And im sorry, but ive never asked for anything but a passing smile.

She wore the colour of christmas on her nails like defiance of easter. 
And she sung like the television and she was as beautiful as a radio in a power cut and i can't remember the last time i saw her cry. 
But my fingers arnt rounded piano keys, there nude canvas's for a girls need for beauty. And she was so, so very beautiful. 
She never said anything, and i never asked for anything. and she walked home and never said goodbye.
And im not sure if im going to miss her yet. 
 today my best friend was going to get a lift with me. and in two days im leaving for tunisa. and tommorow 
she wont be talking to me, and the day after she wont be missing me. and maybe in a week she might miss laughing. 
Or maybe in a week she will have found a funnier joke. 
So I will smile at everyone in the corridor and 
keep singing under my breath. 
And i will get on with learning to try
and make you smile without smiling 
and tie a cherry knot with my tounge. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment